Probabil că este cel mai frumos job din lume. Şi asta pentru că MagiCAMP e locul în care faci bine, respiri bine, eşti înconjurat de oameni buni şi, împreună cu ei, înseninezi vieţi.
MagiCAMP a crescut într-un ritm care ne-a depăşit aşteptările. De la o tabără de doar două săptămâni în 2014, am ajuns la 11 serii şi peste 250 de copii îngrijiţi de mai bine de 1000 de voluntari. Prin programe ca MagicBOX sau MagicHOME ajutăm în fiecare an sute de familii în lupta lor cu cancerul.
Pentru asta e nevoie de curaj, un suflet bun, pricepere, pasiune şi mai ales să nu te dai niciodată bătut. Dacă ai aceste calităţi şi dacă vrei să conduci echipa noastră din funcţia de Director executiv, ia-ţi inima în dinţi şi trimite-ne un e-mail.
And because we need you to be proficient in English, please find below the detailed job description and application procedure.
Please send your CV to email@example.com before May 30. The CV will be accompanied by an intent letter which includes the candidates’ vision regarding MagiCAMP’s long-term development. Please use the subject line “Om bun” for your email.
The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Based in Bucharest, the Executive Director will perform the following:
Leadership and representation
- Contribute to developing the strategic plan of the organization, along with the Board of Directors
- Act as a professional advisor to the Board of Director on all aspects of the organization’s activities
- In addition to the Chair of the Board, act as a spokesperson and official representative for the organization
- Represent the organization in relation to its stake-holders: sponsors, authorities, beneficiaries, the wider community.
Operational planning and management
- Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the organization
- Ensure that the operation of the organization meets the expectations of its beneficiaries, Board and Funders
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization
- Provide support to the Board by preparing meeting agenda and supporting materials
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization’s programs and services
- Develop organisational policies for the approval of the Board and prepare procedures to implement the organizational policies.
- Review existing policies and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate.
- Contribute to the long-term development of the organization.
Human resources planning and management
- Determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices including the development of job description for all staff
- Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations
- Recruit, interview and select staff that have the right technical and personal abilities to help further the organization’s mission
- Implement a performance management process for all staff which includes monitoring the performance of staff on an on-going basis and conducting an annual performance review
- Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance
- Discipline staff when necessary using appropriate techniques; release staff when necessary using appropriate and legally defensible procedures
Financial planning and management
- Work with staff and the Board to prepare and execute a comprehensive budget
- Work with the Board to secure adequate funding for the operation of the organization
- Research funding sources, oversee the development of fund raising plans and write funding proposals to increase the funds of the organization
- Approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the Board
- Ensure that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed
- Administer the funds of the organization according to the approved budget and monitor the monthly cash flow of the organization
- Provide the Board and sponsors with financial and narrative reports
- Ensure that the organization complies with all legislation covering taxation and withholding payments
- Work to influence public policies in the areas covered by the organization
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization
- Identify and evaluate the risks to the organization’s people (clients, staff, management, volunteers), property, finances, goodwill, and image and implement measures to control risks
- University degree
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles
- Knowledge of national legislation applicable to voluntary sector organizations
- Knowledge of human resources management, financial management and project management
- Excellent Romanian and English are a must and other foreign languages are appreciated
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including above average public speaking and presentation skills
- Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- 3 or more years of progressive management experience